Monday, August 29, 2016

Taken to the Cleaners



Earlier this week, I dropped off three of my suites at the dry cleaner over my lunch hour. It was a beautiful day to be outside so I decided to walk there. I was in a good mood on the walk over but it improved once I arrived at the dry cleaner.

The women I worked with whose name I cannot remember was amazing. She was friendly and had a conversation with me. In just a few minutes, she was able to make my day even better. I hope I made her day better. I was filled with joy when I left the dry cleaners, how many people can actually say that? In a normal everyday transaction, this woman was able to make it extraordinary.

Here are the lessons that I learned.

  • At any point in your life, you can make a difference, if you want to. Leaders are great but leaders are not the only ones that can make a difference. You do not need to have special title to change the lives of those around you. Do not doubt yourself, the biggest and best way you can change the world is by being you.
  • Small actions create a huge impact. Stop trying to change the world and start changing the moment. I have written about this before it’s important. Our small actions create the change we want.
  • Perspective is key. I could have decided to ignore this women’s kindness. I could have labeled it as her just doing her job that would have hurt me more than anyone else. In every situation and with everyone that we deal with we have two options, we can see the good or we can ignore it. If we all took the opportunity to enjoy and appreciate the small moments, the world would be a better place.

The reason I started this part of my blog is simple. I want you to never underestimate your current situation in a good way. You are going to make mistakes, try to not focus on that. It is hard, I know but trust me there is so much more. Stop worrying about which situation it will be that will change your life. You will never know. The only thing you need to do to be ready is to be yourself. Make every moment the best one of your life. There is no limit to how much you can learn, do or achieve.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks Blu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Mark Blu

    ReplyDelete
  3. the snare in the drain may have to be removed do sani sticks review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? Because I’m going to start my website soon, but I’m a little lost on everything. Many thanks! To know more

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. Office Cleaning London

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! Cleaning Company

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will really appreciate the writer's choice for choosing this excellent article appropriate to my matter.Here is deep description about the article matter which helped me more. office cleaning services in Denver

    ReplyDelete
  8. You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! office cleaning services in Denver

    ReplyDelete